PRODUCTION UNITS IN INTEGRATED MANUFACTURE OF CORRUGATED CARDBOARD PACKAGING IN SANTORROMÁN
Our staff operates in a dynamic and highly technological environment of process integration, following recognized standards of productivity and quality that ensure the performance of excellent, organized, error-proof and dedicated work from the beginning.
The technical manufacture of corrugated cardboard packaging is an industrial project that involves several production units with well-identified objectives of productivity, quality, safety and cleanliness. As an integrated corrugated cardboard manufacturing and transformation factory with an evolved system in continuous improvement, agile and efficient management methodologies are applied.
The main production units for corrugated cardboard packaging in Santorromán are:
3D PROTOTYPE DESIGN AND LAYOUT
Each packaging is a tailored suit
We are excited to work with each product, project and client because we consider them unique and special, offering us the opportunity to innovate, receive a renewal drive and be better in our field every day.
For this reason, we have specialists in design, engineering and 3D visualization that develop different and creative pre-manufacturing solutions, such as the design of 3D prototypes and layout on a scale less than or equal to that required, so that the client can observe first-hand and at an early stage of the process, the advantages and characteristics of the demanded cardboard packaging, as well as simulating or testing the functionality and/or visual impact of a product in a virtual environment, very similar to what it will face in the real world.
MANUFACTURE OF CORRUGATED CARDBOARD AND OF CORRUGATED CARDBOARD SHEETS
At Santorromán we have a fully automated corrugator machine that allows complete control at high production speeds that, starting from paper reels, produces corrugated cardboard sheets, with or without clefts, of a minimum format of 266 x 520 mm. and a maximum of 2450 x 3048 mm.
MANUFACTURE OF THE CARDBOARD SHEET
The corrugator is the backbone of corrugated cardboard production in Santorromán; It is divided into two parts:
1. Humide Part
Basically, in this process:
- It curls the inner paper and glues the smooth paper face; we call this set of two papers Single-Faced.
- The next phase is to place the smooth outer paper in Double Gluer to form what we call Double Faced.
2. Dry part
The Slitter-Splitter cuts and creases corrugated cardboard sheets to defined sizes depending on the needs of each request.
Then the product passes through the stackers, to the intermediate warehouse, waiting for further handling..
MANUFACTURE OF BOXES B1 OR FLAPS
CASEMAKERS FOR MANUFACTURING FLAP BOXES
Boxes of type B-1 (American and similar), commonly called flaps, are made on state-of-the-art Casemakers machines, with the ability to print 3 colors, slot, stamp, glue, fold, tie and palletize automatically. So from this process the box is finished for Expeditions.
The maximum formats are 1120 x 2390 mm. and 1400 x 2399 mm. And the minimum of 280 x 635 mm. and 310 x 630 mm., corresponding to each one.
MANUFACTURE OF PRINTED AND DIE-CUTTED BOXES
We have two printers: Masterflex and EMBA, the best on the market and of the latest generation, for printing corrugated cardboard sheets in flexography. Flexography is the technique that best adapts to corrugated cardboard, achieving high quality.
One of our printers can print 5 colours and UV varnish, in a maximum format of 1270 x 2032 mm. and a minimum of 520 x 600 mm .; while the other prints up to 4 inks plus UV varnish on plates of maximum 1050 x 2380 mm. and a minimum of 280 x 600 mm.
We have specific colour catalogues for the corrugated cardboard sector. We make available to the client the possibility of seeing the finished on brown paper and the result of our range of metallic colours. All this in order to offer the maximum guarantees to our clients when choosing the design that best suits their needs.
Dies are essential tools in the corrugated cardboard plates die-cutting process for the manufacture of packaging. There are two types of die cutting:
- Flat die-cut:
In our facilities we have 5 state-of-the-art flat die cutters, some of which have a package breaker and automatic stacker. Our maximum formats are: 1700 x 1300 mm. and minimum of 520 x 720 mm. These die cutters are capable of manufacturing complex packages starting from the corrugated cardboard plate printed or not and by means of the die.
It offers great cutting precision as it is a flat die that is applied perpendicularly on the plate.
- Rotative die-cut:
Our rotative die cutter is capable of grooving and die cutting in maximum formats of 2450 x 3600 mm. and a minimum of 420 x 430 mm. It manufactures large boxes.
In Santorromán we can shape our products in different ways with our machinery, among which we can highlight:
- Folding and gluing: in Santorromán, our folding-gluing machines are very versatile machines, capable of carrying out countless special manipulations, gluing and palletizing.
- Casiermatics for mounting of built-in rack: we have 4 different equipment for mounting and assembling racks for different types of boxes, two of them are Casiermatics for mounting racks in boxes of type B-1 (American) and the like.
- Shoe box assemblers: we have 5 pair of case assemblers with a united lid and 1 with a loose lid, specifically designed for the automatic assembly of shoe boxes.
- Agriculture box assemblers: Dish assembler: Designed specifically for the automatic assembly of packaging for fruits and vegetables (Betapack, Totalpack, etc.). Therefore, it makes plates or trays for fruit and vegetables.
- Assemblers and pallet assembler: the corrugated cardboard pallet assembler we have, is an innovative assembler designed for the assembly and gluing using cold adhesives, of the different types of pieces of stringers that make up the frame of a cardboard pallet corrugated, which are previously cut and glued by our Stringer pallet assemblers.
- Digital printer and cutting table: this is a state-of-the-art digital printer, specially designed for large size prints and high quality finishes, used for POS printing.
STRAPPING AND PALLETIZING
Strapping to ensure stacking
According to the requirements established in the order form regarding the production lot, the automatic strapping machines constitute the packaging packages that will be later strapped (straps are applied to secure them and several turns of a plastic sheet to keep them together).
Palletizing for stacking and storage
Packaging packages are palletized or arranged in columns and in an orderly manner on pallets that support them, in order to be stored and transported and to be delivered to the customer, who in turn can manipulate and move them in this way.
For palletizing with great advantages in compressive strength, apart from many other benefits of space and transport optimization, we recommend our Ideal cardboard pallet.